I tell all my current and prospective clients that Google Transit offers a fantastic opportunity to receive some glowing press that’s sure to attract new riders and funding support. After Sacramento added their information to Google Transit, the Sacramento Bee showed a great example of this. See Editorial notebook: Google maps, RT routes: A perfect marriage, 3 December 2007.
Here in Humboldt, the press attention has been abundant for Google Transit as well. See:
- Jack Pass: a license to travel, 5 September 2007, the Lumberjack
- The Town Dandy, 27 September 2007, North Coast Journal
- Solutions in Transit, 6 October 2007, Eureka Reporter
- Humboldt County now enjoys the big city benefits of Google Transit, 23 October 2007, Times-Standard
- New transit Web sites online, 6 September 2007, Eureka Reporter
As you can see, this has been a great opportunity to attract press for Humboldt transit services. This year’s Google Transit launch is certainly related to an over 30% gain in ridership on Redwood Transit System, Humboldt’s largest transit operator!
Aaron is the founding principal of Trillium Solutions, Inc. He brings experience that includes 12 years of web-development with 8 years in public transportation, with knowledge of fixed-route transportation, paratransit, rural transportation, and active transportation modes. Aaron is a recognized expert in developing data standards, web-application design, digital communications, and online marketing strategy. He originally developed Trillium’s GTFS Manager, and has played a key role in the development of the GTFS data specification since 2007.