In the last eight weeks or so, several Trillium clients have launched on Google Transit.
- Redding Area Bus Authority (RABA) was a stakeholder in the Northeastern California Google Transit Feasibility Study. Redding is a micro-urban city in Northern California on the inland Interstate 5 corridor. Redding is a regional transportation hub, with neighboring transit services (Plumas, Modoc Sage Stage, and Trinity Transit) and intercity services (Greyhound, Amtrak) offering service. [Example RABA trip]
- Trinity Transit was also a stakeholder in the Northeastern California Google Transit Feasibility Study. They are a rural system with some inter-city service. [Example trip… note only works on Mondays and Tuesdays, you may have to adjust the date.]
- Siskiyou Transit and General Express (STAGE) was also a stakeholder in the Northeastern California Google Transit Feasibility Study. They are a rural, mainly inter-city transit service.
- Columbia Area Transit (CAT) operates intercity services between Hood River, The Dalles, and Portland, Oregon. [Example trip. Note the challenge to return Hood River to Portland service, which is only once per week.]
- Clemson Area Transit (CAT). The first agency in South Carolina to be live on Google Transit.
- Fairfield and Suisin Transit. This agency connects with a lot of others (BART, Sacramento RT, Amtrak Capitol Corridor, Rio Vista Delta Breeze) that are live on Google Transit, which provides additional value for all.
As you can see, a busy season. There are more to come soon. Note that most of these agencies have chosen to make their data available at gtfs-data-exchange.com and the PublicFeeds page for developers to access it and build applications that help people use transportation services.
Aaron is the founding principal of Trillium Solutions, Inc. He brings experience that includes 12 years of web-development with 8 years in public transportation, with knowledge of fixed-route transportation, paratransit, rural transportation, and active transportation modes. Aaron is a recognized expert in developing data standards, web-application design, digital communications, and online marketing strategy. He originally developed Trillium’s GTFS Manager, and has played a key role in the development of the GTFS data specification since 2007.