Trillium clients launch on Google Transit
In the last eight weeks or so, several Trillium clients have launched on Google Transit.
- Redding Area Bus Authority (RABA) was a stakeholder in the Northeastern California Google Transit Feasibility Study. Redding is a micro-urban city in Northern California on the inland Interstate 5 corridor. Redding is a regional transportation hub, with neighboring transit services (Plumas, Modoc Sage Stage, and Trinity Transit) and intercity services (Greyhound, Amtrak) offering service. [Example RABA trip]
- Trinity Transit was also a stakeholder in the Northeastern California Google Transit Feasibility Study. They are a rural system with some inter-city service. [Example trip… note only works on Mondays and Tuesdays, you may have to adjust the date.]
- Siskiyou Transit and General Express (STAGE) was also a stakeholder in the Northeastern California Google Transit Feasibility Study. They are a rural, mainly inter-city transit service.
- Columbia Area Transit (CAT) operates intercity services between Hood River, The Dalles, and Portland, Oregon. [Example trip. Note the challenge to return Hood River to Portland service, which is only once per week.]
- Clemson Area Transit (CAT). The first agency in South Carolina to be live on Google Transit.
- Fairfield and Suisin Transit. This agency connects with a lot of others (BART, Sacramento RT, Amtrak Capitol Corridor, Rio Vista Delta Breeze) that are live on Google Transit, which provides additional value for all.
As you can see, a busy season. There are more to come soon. Note that most of these agencies have chosen to make their data available at gtfs-data-exchange.com and the PublicFeeds page for developers to access it and build applications that help people use transportation services.