This position will manage and/or support our Software Products team to 1) maintain best-in-class software for internal and client use and 2) ensure delivery of the highest quality GTFS data provided by the market. This position works closely with our Chief Architect and reports to the CEO. Responsibilities may include:
- Product management of Trillium’s current software applications and those added in the future in collaboration with the CEO, including open-source applications utilized by Trillium
- Allocation of development resources
- Gathering and determining functional requirements for software applications and features
- Owning the development team’s backlog to manage sprints and release cycles
- Translating product and feature ideas into wireframes and providing UI/UX feedback
- Collaboration with Chief Architect to align applications with long-term technical goals
- Ensures sufficient coordination among development team through standups and one-on-ones (with support of Chief Administrative Officer)
- Coordinates development and testing resources during software releases
- Advises the Support Manager regarding changes to applications that should be reflected in Operations Manual or Support Desk
- Coordinates with the Chief Administrative Officer to provide coaching and professional development for developers Supports the delivery of GTFS data sets by the Support Manager
- In coordination with the Chief Architect, Advises CEO with regard to how GTFS should be structured, where software design concerns are relevant to specification considerations
- Engages as needed with the GTFS community as a whole and conducts research to be able to make suggestions to the CEO on Trillium’s opinion on what GTFS should be
- 2+ years working with GTFS data in a technical or product management capacity, or
- 2+ years managing the development of a software as a service platform, or
- 2+ years of experience scheduling fixed-route transit services
- A discerning eye for details and a commitment to high-quality work products
- Excited about our mission to make public transit easier to access
These are qualifications that would be beneficial to this job. However, if you are excited about the position and only meet the required qualifications, you should go ahead and apply.
- Experience managing a team of at least 3 employees
- Writing and research experience
- UI/UX experience
- Previous work experience with public transit
- Technical writing
- Experience with Zendesk or GitHub
- Experience working remotely
- Data analysis
- Experience presenting ideas and information visually
Trillium values diversity and welcomes applications regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, pronouns, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, age, disability or veteran status. If you are excited about this position please apply.
This is a salary position of $65,000 – $85,000 DOE per year. We provide 24 days of PTO per year, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months with a 3% employer contribution, and paid public transit commuter costs.
Flexible Hours/Remote Work
Trillium supports a very flexible work environment. We expect employees to work approximately 40 hours/week, but the timing of those hours can vary. Our staff is currently working entirely remotely, but when in person work becomes safe, we expect employees to work from our downtown Portland office on certain Thursdays for monthly meetings, as needed for other meetings, and for another 4 hour regular block of time that they choose. We are currently accepting applications from folks outside of the Portland area for this position, but will likely have additional questions regarding how to make this positions successful in that case.
If you are in need of a flexible schedule, (students with part-time or evening classes, parents with child care needs, etc.) we are likely able to easily accommodate.
To Apply / Questions
Email with attached files of the following:
- Cover letter (1 page) overviewing your interest in public transit, career goals, and any qualifications you wish to highlight
- Resume (1-2 pages)
Contact: [email protected]
Deadline: July 24, 2020