We’re searching for a WordPress Developer to join our team and assist our Web Developer with website development and maintenance. The ideal candidate will be interested in a junior position, but bring some work experience and enthusiasm for the listed required qualifications. This position will work with our current development team.
- 2+ years of HTML5 and CSS experience
- 2+ years of WordPress theme or plugin development
- A solid foundation in programming skills (any language)
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and technologies and keep up with best practices in security and accessibility within web development.
Any of the following skills will be helpful in this position. Applicants who do not have all experience are encouraged to apply. We provide training and mentoring.
- Comfortable with using git and the command line
- Understanding of responsive, mobile-first design
- Experience developing accessible websites and following WCAG 2.0
- Committed to writing clean, readable code and documentation
- Knowledge of general design principles
Scheduled hours are full-time (40 hours/week) but flexible. We welcome applicants with a need to work outside of a typical 9am-5pm schedule. Space is always available at our downtown office, but most of our staff work about half time from their homes. We hold meetings on Thursday afternoons that staff need to be available to attend in person.
Compensation and Benefits:
We provide PTO, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months and 3% employer contribution, and all Portland-area public transit expenses paid. Compensation depends upon experience, but the expected salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000 per year.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Trillium’s office is ADA accessible. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are committed to providing the right candidate with the on-the-job training and support necessary to be successful in this position.
Please send a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to Taylor at [email protected] with the subject “ Developer Application” by January 31 at 12pm.