Trillium Solutions, Inc.
Trillium Solutions, a software provider and public transit consultancy in Portland, Oregon, helps public transit agencies use technology to help their riders get where they need to go. We envision a world where people drive less, and walk, bike, take transit, and carpool more. We specialize in deploying data management and customer information tools that make it easier for riders to get on the bus, train, or ferry. We value public transit access, transportation justice, and the use of open data that supports these goals. We are looking for people who want to use their tech skills to improve communities around the world.
About the Position
The Senior Full Stack Developer will work closely with the Software Dev Manager to guide the company’s overall technical direction and advocate for software best practices.
- Advises the team on how applications should be structured, software and database design concerns relevant to data specifications, and technical solutions
- Responsible for (delegating as needed)
- Coordinate with the DevOps team to achieve stability in production environments.
- Coordinate with the QA Lead to provide good test coverage and code quality.
- Technical documentation.
- Collaborate on process improvements, for example, sprint planning, and technical training.
- Team representation for non-project technical discussions.
- Technical R&D; research and prototyping with respect to promising software tools and features.
- Urgent incidents & escalated issues.
- Assist DevOps team in diagnosing production server issues.
- Advises the Dev Manager on
- Software best practices regarding accessibility, privacy, security, performance, and maintainability across Trillium development efforts.
- Architecture road-mapping as it relates to our work.
- Software risks and opportunities.
- Technical design & estimations.
- Specifications and high-level architecture plans.
- Participates in pair programming, code reviews, and feedback to support code quality.
- Knowledgeable in best practices related to customer data security.
- Cross-team project technical support; project advisory.
- Cross-train to share knowledge with coworkers.
What You Need
- 4-6 years of experience in software development.
- Professional-level knowledge of Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, and Engineering, with any combination of relevant experience, education, and/or training.
- API development and maintenance.
- Ability to design components and systems for scaling and performance.
- Collaborative self-motivated problem-solving ability.
- 2-3 years experience of a SQL server. PostgreSQL preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with REST API development, in either Node.js or Python for server-side development.
- Familiar with Docker, Git.
- Familiar with unit, integration, and database testing using Assert/Chai, Expect/Jest, Enzyme, pgTAP. Experience with Webdriver 7 test framework.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to reduce ambiguity.
- Prioritization of duties and task management for agile development.
- This position might include travel, up to 10% time, to meet with colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering.
- Understanding of transit General Transit Specification Feed (GTFS).
- React Hooks
- Figma or similar
- Github, BitBucket or equivalent.
- DevOps / Monitoring
This is a salary position of $115k – 130k per year, depending on educational attainment and professional experience. We provide 240+ hours PTO per year, health insurance (100% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k, and more.
Flexible Hours/Remote Work
Trillium supports a very flexible work environment. We expect employees to work approximately 40 hours/week, but timing of those hours can vary. For employees in Portland, our office is available. For employees outside of Portland, we occasionally ask them to travel to Portland.
If you are in need of a flexible schedule, (students with part-time or evening classes, parents with child care needs, etc.) we are likely able to easily accommodate.
To apply, click here.
For questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.