We’re searching for a Junior Developer to join our team and assist with systems administration and PHP WordPress development. This position will work with our current Senior Developers and with our Web Developer.
- Knowledge of IP networking fundamentals
- Solid diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Linux command line
- A solid foundation in programming skills (any language)
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and technologies and keep up with best practices in security and accessibility within web development.
Any of the following skills will be helpful in this position. Applicants who do not have all experience are encouraged to apply. We provide training and mentoring.
- Shell scripting
- Advanced IP networking
- Nagios / Icinga / other monitoring system
- Experience with WordPress theme development
- Comfortable with using git
- Committed to writing clean, readable code and documentation
- Knowledge of general design principles
Scheduled hours are full-time (40 hours/week) but flexible. We welcome applicants with a need to work outside of a typical 9am-5pm schedule. Space is always available at our downtown office, but most of our staff work about half time from their homes. We hold meetings on Thursday afternoons that staff need to be available to attend in person.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide PTO, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months and 3% employer contribution, and all Portland-area public transit expenses paid. Compensation depends upon experience, but the expected salary range for this position is 65k to 85k per year, with the potential for bonuses for strong performance (both personally and by the company).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trillium’s office is ADA accessible. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are committed to providing the right candidate with the on-the-job training and support necessary to be successful in this position.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume attached, to [email protected] with the subject “Junior Developer Application” by July 12th at 12pm.