About the Position
We are looking to hire an entry level data tech or a senior data tech/project manager, depending on the experience levels of applicants. This position will include a combination of the duties listed here, but has space to grow with the selected employee’s strengths and interests and will differ based on level of experience.
- Work as part of a team of data technicians to
- input and edit public transportation data
- respond to client queries regarding the use of browser-based software through an online support desk, email, and occasionally phone calls or webinars
- Assist our development team in testing software updates as requested
- Assist our Operations Manager, General Manager, and President with additional projects as requested
- Optionally, based on experience:
- Project management
- Consult with public transit agency and other clients to research, explain, and plan for implementation and/or development of software, hardware, and data specifications.
- Sales consulting to first help prospect public transit agency clients define problems and opportunities and, secondly, to propose off-the-shelf technical solutions and custom consulting projects. For the right candidate, this role may be additionally compensated through a commission structure.
- Comfortable with computers and learning new technologies
- A discerning eye for details and a commitment to high-quality work products
- Excited about our mission to make public transit easier to access
These are qualifications that would be beneficial to this job. However, if you are excited about the position and only meet the required qualifications, you should go ahead and apply.
- Project management experience (required for senior level position)
- Familiarity with GTFS data
- Writing and research experience
- Previous experience with public transit
- Software-testing experience
- Experience with ZenDesk or GitHub
- Experience working remotely
Trillium values diversity and welcomes applications regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, pronouns, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, age, disability or veteran status. If you are excited about this position please apply.
This is a salary position of $42-$60k per year, depending on educational attainment and professional experience. We provide 2 weeks PTO per year, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months with employer match, catered lunch every Thursday, and paid public transit commuter costs.
Flexible Hours/Remote Work
Trillium supports a very flexible work environment. We expect employees to work approximately 40 hours/week, but timing of those hours can vary. Additionally, we expect employees to work from our downtown Portland office on Thursdays from about 11am-2pm, as needed for meetings, and for another 4 hour regular block of time that they choose.
If you are in need of a flexible schedule, (students with part-time or evening classes, parents with child care needs, etc.) we are likely able to easily accommodate.
To Apply / Questions
Email with attached files of the following:
- Cover letter (1 page) overviewing your interest in public transit, career goals, and any qualifications you wish to highlight
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- References may be requested at a later time
Contact: [email protected]
This position was posted January 22, 2019. We will be accepting applications, reviewing them, and conducting interviews as qualified applicants apply.
Please feel free to email with any questions before applying. We are happy to talk with potential candidates who are invested in knowing if the position is right for them before applying.