About the Position
This position is designed to address some current needs we have as a company as well as to support the selected employee in pursuing work they find interesting and meaningful. This position will include a combination of the duties listed here, but has space to grow with the selected employee’s strengths and interests.
- Work as part of a team of data technicians to
- input and edit public transportation data
- respond to client queries regarding the use of browser-based software through an online support desk, email, and occasionally phone calls or webinars
- Assist our development team in testing software updates as requested
- Assist our Operations Coordinator with basic office tasks
- Assist our General Manager and President as requested
Additional possible areas dependent on the selected employee’s interest include: research and writing, additional data tech work, financial tasks, project management, etc.
- Comfortable with computers and learning new technologies
- Excited about our mission to make public transit easier to access
These are qualifications that would be beneficial to this job. However, if you are excited about the position and only meet the required qualifications, you should go ahead and apply.
- Writing and research experience
- A discerning eye for details and a commitment to high-quality work products
- Previous experience with public transit
- Office admin experience (previous office assistant position, bookkeeping, etc.)
- Software-testing experience
- Experience with ZenDesk or GitHub
- Experience working remotely
Trillium values diversity and welcomes applications regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, pronouns, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, age, disability or veteran status. If you are excited about this position please apply.
This is a salary position of $40,000+ per year, depending on educational attainment and professional experience. We provide 2 weeks PTO per year, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months, and paid public transit commuter costs.
Flexible Hours/Remote Work
Trillium supports a very flexible work environment. We expect employees to work approximately 40 hours/week, but timing of those hours can vary. Additionally, we expect employees to work from our downtown Portland office on Thursdays from about 11am-2pm, as needed for meetings, and for another 4 hour regular block of time that they choose.
If you are in need of a flexible schedule, (students with part-time or evening classes, parents with child care needs, etc.) we are likely able to easily accommodate.
To Apply / Questions
Email with attached files of the following:
- Cover letter (1 page) overviewing your interest in public transit, career goals, and any qualifications you wish to highlight
- Resume (1-2 pages)
Contact: [email protected]
Please feel free to email with any questions before applying. We are happy to talk with potential candidates who are invested in knowing if the position is right for them before applying.