Trillium, a software provider and public transit consultancy in Portland, Oregon, helps public transit agencies use technology to help their riders get where they’re going. We envision a world where people drive less, and walk, bike, take transit, and carpool more. We specialize in deploying data management and customer information tools that make it easier for riders to get on the bus, train, or ferry. Trillium is a relatively small company and we value public transit access, transportation justice, and the use of open data that supports these goals. We are looking for people who want to use their tech skills to improve communities around the world.
We’re searching for a Junior Developer to join our team and assist with QA and systems administration. The ideal candidate will be interested in a junior position, but bring some work experience and enthusiasm for the listed required qualifications. This position will work with our current development team.
- IP networking fundamentals knowledge and experience
- Systems administration knowledge and experience
- Solid diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, QA experience
- Linux command line
- A solid foundation in programming skills (any language)
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and technologies and keep up with best practices in security and accessibility within web development.
Any of the following skills will be helpful in this position. Applicants who do not have all experience are encouraged to apply. We provide training and mentoring.
- Shell scripting
- Advanced IP networking
- Nagios / Icinga / other monitoring system
- Experience with WordPress theme development
- Knowledge of PHP, HTML, and CSS
- Comfortable with using git and the command line
- Committed to writing clean, readable code and documentation
- Knowledge of general design principles
Scheduled hours are full-time (40 hours/week) but flexible. We welcome applicants with a need to work outside of a typical 9am-5pm schedule. Space is always available at our downtown office, but most of our staff work about half time from their homes. We hold meetings on Thursday afternoons that staff need to be available to attend in person.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide PTO, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months and 3% employer contribution, and all Portland-area public transit expenses paid. Compensation depends upon experience, but the expected salary range for this position is 60k to 80k per year.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trillium’s office is ADA accessible. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are committed to providing the right candidate with the on-the-job training and support necessary to be successful in this position.
Please send a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to Taylor at [email protected] with the subject “Junior Developer Application” by October 1 at 12pm.