About the Position
This position will manage and/or support our GTFS services team to 1) maintain best-in-class software for internal and client use and 2) ensure delivery of the highest quality GTFS data provided by the market. Responsibilities may include:
- Oversight over processes for data collection, entry, and analysis, and the collaboration with the Support Manager and Data Technicians to evolve and improve those processes.
- Coordinating with the GTFS Manager development team, collecting feedback for the development team from the support team, organizing issues in Github, and running monthly sprint planning meetings.
- Reviewing GTFS files and using software and manual tools to confirm the quality of those files.
- Building draft, unstyled wireframes of proposed or considered User Interfaces.
- Commenting on and comparing different software development options and utilizing developer time to achieve business objectives defined by the CEO.
- “Tier 3” GTFS data services support, meaning the collaboration with the Support Manager on particularly tricky GTFS issues as they arise.
- Participating in the GTFS governance process by proposing and advocating for changes to the data standard to serve Trillium clients’ needs.
- Other activities that support the overall quality of GTFS data that Trillium delivers to its clients and the efficiency of the operations to produce that data.
- 3+ years working with GTFS data in a technical or product management capacity, or
- 3+ years managing the development of a software as a service platform, or
- 3+ years of experience scheduling fixed-route transit services
- A discerning eye for details and a commitment to high-quality work products
- Excited about our mission to make public transit easier to access
These are qualifications that would be beneficial to this job. However, if you are excited about the position and only meet the required qualifications, you should go ahead and apply.
- Experience managing a team of at least 3 employees
- Writing and research experience
- Previous work experience with public transit
- Technical writing
- Experience with Zendesk or GitHub
- Experience working remotely
- Data analysis
- Experience presenting ideas and information visually
Trillium values diversity and welcomes applications regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, pronouns, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, age, disability or veteran status. If you are excited about this position please apply.
This is a salary position of $75,000 – $105,000 DOE per year. We provide 2 weeks PTO the first year in addition to paid Federal Holidays off, health insurance (75% paid), ability to contribute to a 401k after 12 months with a 3% employer contribution, and paid public transit commuter costs. Trillium also provides profit sharing and paid sabbaticals for long-term staff.
Flexible Hours/Remote Work
Trillium supports a very flexible work environment. We expect employees to work approximately 40 hours/week, but the timing of those hours can vary. Additionally, we expect employees to work from our downtown Portland office on certain Thursdays from about 11am-2pm, as needed for meetings, and for another 4 hour regular block of time that they choose.
If you are in need of a flexible schedule, (students with part-time or evening classes, parents with child care needs, etc.) we are likely able to easily accommodate.
To Apply / Questions
Email with attached files of the following:
- Cover letter (1 page) overviewing your interest in public transit, career goals, and any qualifications you wish to highlight
- Resume (1-2 pages)
Contact: [email protected]
Deadline: January 21, 2020