On April 24th, the Oregon Active Transportation Summit (OATS) discussed public transit in the session “A network greater than the sum of its parts: Public Transit + Active Transportation”. Video and available presentations below.
Panelists (links direct to available slide decks):
- “Session introduction” – Aaron Antrim, Trillium
- “Oregon’s Statewide Fixed-Route Transit Network” – Matthew Barnes, Rural General & Transportation Options Program Coordinator, ODOT
- “Integrating Bicycles and Transit” – Evan Corey, Transportation Planner, Nelson\Nygaard
- “Public Transit + Active Transportation” – Jeff Owen, Active Transportation Planner, TriMet
- “Changing Demographics and the Importance of Transit in a Regional Active Transportation Network” – Ross Peterson, Director of Consulting Services, Ride Connection
- “Connecting with carless abandon” – Robin Phillips, Regional Transit Coordinator (Region 5), ODOT
Aaron is the founding principal of Trillium Solutions, Inc. He brings experience that includes 12 years of web-development with 8 years in public transportation, with knowledge of fixed-route transportation, paratransit, rural transportation, and active transportation modes. Aaron is a recognized expert in developing data standards, web-application design, digital communications, and online marketing strategy. He originally developed Trillium’s GTFS Manager, and has played a key role in the development of the GTFS data specification since 2007.